LKCSE Colombo Stock Exchange Open
  • Current Exchange
    Colombo Stock Exchange LKCSE

Market time
Black
White

Send This Page To Friends and Colleagues

You can Enter more than one email separated by (,)
Allowed 100 characters only
02 May, 2014 08:52 AM Source: Financial Times - Sri Lanka
beach resort.jpg

Amaya Leisure Plc has expanded its footprint to the popular east coast, acquiring control and management of a former Centara-managed 125-room resort in Passikudah with an investment of Rs. 583 million.
The strategic deal was struck with the owning company of the new five star property – Suntan Beach Resorts Ltd. (STBR), formerly controlled by entrepreneur Mohan Tissanayagam. Post acquisition by Amaya, Tissanayagam holds around a 30% stake.
The acquisition by Amaya is via a share purchase followed by a subscription to a Rights Issue. Thailand based Centara Hotels & Resorts managed the hotel when it opened in early last year.
In a brief filing to the CSE on Wednesday, Amaya said it has invested Rs. 499.4 million in the equity stake of 45% in Sun Tan Beach Resorts Ltd. It further acquired an equity stake of 6% for a consideration of Rs. 63.9 m in the same company, totalling equity stake to 51%.

Hardy Jamaldeen, Director of Steradian Capital, the advisor to Sun Tan Beach Resorts Ltd., told the Daily FT that Amaya lacked a beach resort and this partnership would enable Amaya to market a full spectrum of rooms across the island to its clients.
“The deal synergies are to be achieved through Amaya’s national presence and ability to market such properties in Sri Lanka. Amaya Leisure PLC has been producing record-breaking occupancy levels and maintaining the highest gross profit margins in the sector. Through its experience and expertise Amaya will be able to improve services and bring about efficiencies to this very well designed and built 5-star hotel. The team is confident of increasing footfall to the Passikudah region,” Jamaldeen added.
Business leader Dhammika Perera-controlled Hayleys owns a 51% stake in Amaya Leisure Plc and further stakes via related parties.

Read Original Article

Add Comment | 0   comment

Readers Comment

Nothing found to display
page number 1

Add Comment

Please login first to comment Click here to login

Stocks in Focus


Features for Registered Users

E-mail Alerts
Daily Newsletter
Your Watchlist
Advanced Tools
and
Many more


Will automatically display the last quotes you have visited here.

All Rights Reserved - DUInvest © 2014

Login

Do You have an Account ? , Click here to create a new account

Your Opinion Matters

What do you think about the new Website?